Friday, April 3, 2009

Land of Feta and Olives


I love all things salty. So naturally feta, olives, capers, etc...are a few of my favorites.

When we arrived in Athens we were starving. We'd not eaten all day so we found a great restaurant called "Quick Pita". I think it's a chain but great food none the less. Jeremy mentioned getting a Greek Salad and honestly I had not even thought about it yet but I LOVED the idea. When our server brought it out I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. It was so pretty. Almost too pretty to eat...almost. So I snapped a picture of it. And so the trend began. I took a picture of almost every Greek Salad we ordered and we tried to order 1 at every place we ate. Jeremy was embarrassed every time I'd whip out my camera and hover above the table to get a picture. They were all great and yummy in there own way but the first was my favorite. Maybe I liked it best because it was my first or maybe because it had capers and a tangy vinaigrette dressing. Who knows! But it was darn good!

I'll try to upload the video from the changing of the guard in Athens next and soon. It was one of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL! You are such a nut! What beautiful salads you had!