Tuesday, March 24, 2009

phone home

I only have a minute to share a quick story. I've been looking for a job which is a full time job in itself so I've been staying busy.
I'll finish Greece this week and start again on "becoming a Brit". But until then...

I left the library today feeling a little sorry for myself. I know it's ridiculous because I have so much to be grateful for. Really, I know that. I decided I needed something to cheer me up. I hit play in my Ipod and Dave Hunt was the first to pop up so I played it. I was be bopping along through the park when I think I hear my mobile phone ringing. A few things run through my head...
I'm sure it's Jeremy. It always is.
It read "new number" on my screen.
So then I thought it's someone trying to sell me something. Grrr.
Then I noticed it was a Georgia number...oh wait...it's my dad. Naturally I thought it was an emergency.
The first thing he said was, "Hey J! It's not am emergency. I just though I call you on your cell phone."
We chatted for a while. It left me with the warm fuzzies. I cried a little.

It wasn't just a long distance call. It was a really long distance call. It made me feel loved. I cried some more.

1 comment:

Our Bows are Arrows said...

I love you, even though I haven't phoned 'home' yet. I miss you, even though we don't get to talk. I pray for you, even though you may think we've forgotten you. I love you!

PS - excellent writing - you're a wonderful blogger, even though you didn't think you would be! And I'm a rotten sister (sometimes), even though I thought I never would be :(